Monday, March 9, 2009

In Oklahoma

Sorry I have not been keeping up with what is going on with Gene but has been a little busy body around our place. Either we have had the flu or sinus problems and other problems to long to list.
Aron and I was suppose to leave on Sunday March 8th but with the storm coming in on Saturday night into Sunday I decided to leave around 4 pm on Saturday. The weather was fine until I reached south of Norfolk, NE then I started to run into rain or sleet. We were able to make it to Salina, KS about 10:30 pm on Saturday. We then got back on the road about 8 am on Sunday and arrived at Ft Sill about 1:15 pm and went straight to the PX to see Gene.
We were able to spend about 2 hrs with him and it was so nice. Gene has lost weight but I do not know how much but he looks nice, even though I thought he looked nice before. The hardest part was telling him bye again so he could get into formation to board the bus. Everybody kept tell Gene that Aron is a mini me of him and all the girls thought he was cute.
Aron was asked out to the prom by one of the girl's but he said no and she turned around and said, "I just got shot down by a three yr old." Then Aron started laughing and gave her one of his great smiles.
We will not be able to see Gene until Wednesday for sure but we might be able to see him on Tuesday we will have to see. I will be posting pictures when I get back so I will end for now and talk later.
May the Lord bless your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment